Monday, August 09, 2004

Fear

Earlier this year I decided that I would take part in the KIMM - a 2 day mountain running event. I've enetered with an almost total stranger (you do it in pairs) on the grounds that he seems a rather nice chap and we should get on fine.

Being quite new to this mountain marathon thing we decided on the 'C' class, which is the lowest class, and even if you're really quite crap you should get the whole course completed in plent yof time. Hurrah, I thought. Minimal training required, and even if I have a crap day I should still get to the end and retain my dignity (no laughing, please).

Today the entry lists were relaesed.

I'm not in 'C' class, but on the reserve list for 'B' class. So not only am I going to have to train my knackers off to stand a chance of completing the race sucessfully, but there's also a remote chance that I might not even get to run if not enough people drop out.

I'm very, very frightened now.

No comments: