Saturday, October 16, 2004

All quiet...

Gosh, it's been a long time since I did any blogging. Is it because I've been too busy? Well, I should have been, but to be honest, I've spent the last couple of weeks just dicking about.

So anyway, I came into University today so I could use the computer to prepare for a job interview. It struck me how many cars are in the car park. I mean, the weather's a bit crap this weekend BUT IT'S SATURDAY FOR FUCK'S SAKE. Don't any of these people have lives? Shouldn't they be at home doing DIY, visiting their parents, being with their kids, hanging out with friends or just, I dunno shopping for socks? I can almost hear you calling me a hypocrite - 'Aren't you blogging from your computer at work ON A SATURDAY?' Well, yes I am, but the reason I'm here is because I need to get out of this crazy WORK=LIFE culture as soon as possible, and for that I need a job. The reason I mention it is the realisation that soon I will no longer be part of this makes me very happy indeed.

Oh, and this morning I found out that my entry to the KIMM has been accepted. So there's no backing out from it now. I'm both very excited and utterly terrified. Oh, and I bought a pair of Ron Hills for the event too. Feel free, nay obliged, to mock me in a highly sustained manner if you ever see me wearing them.

I'd also like to say that the Alien Rock bouldering comp was ace (and I did far better than anticipated). And the new Delgados album is excellent in a million different ways. And if you haven't taken my previous advice and started listening to Explosions in the Sky, then you are a fool and your life will never be complete.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your KIMM entry - you're a mad fool to be doing it but good luck anyway!

clo
x