Saturday, July 16, 2005

Bah!

Well, I *did* actually write a long post, but due to the ergonomic wonder of a power button right next to the return key it was unfortunately lost to the ether. Let us mourn its passing.

I'm not going to type it all out again, but I shall give you a synopsis and leavce it up to you to use your imagination to flesh it out with erudite wit and so on. It covered the folowing topics:

Make Povert History march & Edinburgh 'Riots' - Former was good fun, latter was laughable and pointless.

Me turning 25 - not as bad as I expected.

London Olympics - Should be fun. Hope the tickes aren't too expensive.

London Bombings - What exactly did that achieve now? Who benefitted? Nobody. What bawbags.

My Sister's Blog - it's genetic, innit? Very good blog from my older sibling.

Loch Avon Basin - A very nice bit of the cairngorms. Piccies may well folow eventually.

Right, back to the here and now. Man.

This week I have been mostly... Moving house. The landlord of my old place has decided that no more non-students can live there so we've all been forced to flee. The downside is that I no longer live in a flat where the stairwell looks like a victorian public baths (but in a good way) and no onger live nearby to hte best greengrocers in the world (four of them in one street, to be precise). The upside is that my rent is now much cheaper as the flat I'm in is being refurbished. This also means I get to help transform it from a badly decorated hole into a respectable pad. I'm also forced to live with minimal things in my room (easier to move around, etc) which is surprisingly satisfying. Especially seeing all of my CDs lined up on the floor against the wall.

I've also been enjoying the wonders of the blender this week. My wonderful big sis sent me a hand blender for my birthday and I just have to say what a wonderful improvement on my life it really is. (Actually there was one in my old flat and I used it all the time, but it wasn't mine and a couple of weeks without it made me appreciate it more, so just humour me). I've become one of those people who religiously drinks fruit smoothies. Bit of orange&mango juice, some cranberry juice, a banana and some kiwi fruit and I'm happyhappyhappy.

Thing is, you see, I can be really quite lazy when it comes to food. I tend to like having all the things I need in one quick fix so actually sitting and eating my five-a-day was quite a rarity. But with the blender - zooooosh - all vegetable matter is pulverised into one easy-to-chug portion. My skin's improved, I have more energy and the local hookers say that my sperm tastes better than ever (I made that last bit up). I also get to benefit from the sense of moral superiority that one gets from eating properly. Waht with that, riding my bike to work and recycling thingsit's a wonder I don't damage my neck looking down on all you mere mortals.

Tremble at my might.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

>My skin's improved, I have more energy and the local hookers say that my sperm tastes better than ever

Good to know my gift is being put to good use!

xx A

Del said...

Interesting. Good to see the fruit and veg are doing you good. I've given up booze and chocolate, and been eating more of the good stuff myself. However, for some reason it's turn me into a manic depressive with an overwhelming urge to right societies wrongs with a box of molotov cocktails and a chainsaw. Luckily I've lost the key to the shed.