Monday, April 28, 2008

Lazy Holiday Post.

Whup whup whup.

Here's what happened when I went to font with Sam.

- I got delayed on the Eurostar by a bunch of people demonstrating at Gare de Nord. Was then greeted by a bunch of heavily armed riot cops upon arrival so went to hide in a kebab shop for a bit.

- All the car hire firms in France only take credit cards for deposit. As a result we managed to reduce the carbon footprint of our trip dramatically and also got to experience the excellent Paris public transport system. We also spent far more time than we otherwise would have walking through the forest, which was a rather pleasant experience.

- We ate cheese.

- We met some great people at the campsite, including some very loud geordies and some very committed climbing bums. Makes me wish I had a shitload of money and no direction in life so that I could spend months at a time wearing my skin away.

- Asked/was asked the question 'How are you tips?' repeatedly.

- Sam got things living in his ears and trying to eat through to his brains.

- I took a few photos.

- I learned that if you can't speak much French, you can often get away by using english words in a gay accent. I also learned that if you ask people if they speak english they'll say no, but if you try to speak french badly they'll just speak english.

- Cheese.

- I climbed so much I gave myself tendonitis in my elbows. I think everybody gets it.

- I 'slept' on the platform at Fontainebleau station and swore at every TGV. They are loud in a way that bruises your mind.

- I'll go back again, but yearn for a more adventurous holiday now.

No comments: