Friday, July 16, 2004

And so it begins...

I'd always told myself that I'd never write a blog.

Firstly, the word 'blog' just sounds crap and the English language would be better off without it.

Secondly, who cares what I think anyway? Why not write it down in a diary?

BUT, I've been reading my friends' weblogs (which I may even link to if I discover how) and I really enjoy seeing into their worlds. It's like a nice open letter to all of your pals telling them about what's been interesting you over the past while.

I also like ranting, and feel a lot better about it if someone chooses to read it rather than just gets accosted by me feeling ranty.

Is ranty a worse word than blog? Answers on a postcard.

So, as is usual for a first weblog post, I should introduce myself. I'm called Steve, I'm 24, I live in Edinburgh, and I work in Science. I'm going to try to write this stuff without too many typos - in the absence of smoking or a heroin addiction, I feel I should still have something to give up.

I feel like I should end this post with some sort of witty self-effacing quip, but to be honest it's 9.30odd on a saturday night and I'm still stuck at work doing an experiment so I really can't be arsed. I promise I'll be more sparkling next time I post. Honest.

2 comments:

Del said...

Word up Steev! Well done on cracking and joining the blog masses. I am looking forward to seeing you spills your brains onto my monitor.

Fool!

Anonymous said...

aaaAAAaaah
You joined the blogging hoardes after all.

Oh well, I s'pose it means I don't need to phone you to find out how you are ;)

clo
x