Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A Minute's Excessive Noise

Last night I heard that Imperial Music in Bristol had closed down.



During my years at university in Bristol, this shop was almost the sole source of all of my music. Not only was the selection of music they had there incredible, but the staff were friendly and obviously cared very much about making their customers happy. They even put little stickers on the CD cases giving a little review of what was inside (the reviews were always spot on).

It was much more than just a record shop to me and I shall miss it dearly.

I suggest that if you feel the same way you mourn its passing by turning up your stereo and staging a minute's excessive noise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nooooooo

'twill be missed.

A vital influence in the formation of my record collection - a real shame it's gone. I suspect Fopp's red right hand...

Del said...

Yeah, sorry for texting you about it at some stupid hour in the morning, but i was deeply shocked having stumbled from the Elbow Room.

toby said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
toby said...

Just went for a walk up park street today
thought you might like to see this, i guess its like the record shop equivalent of a gravestone