Thursday, July 28, 2005

Choonz

Distinct lack of musical ranting here of late, so here's some recent
boat-floaters:

Gorillaz - Demon Days:
I hate you Albarn. I thougth I had it all figured out. The speccy
one was the good one in Blur, and you were responsible for the rubbish
bits, as evidenced by 'Think Tank' (load of arsewater) vs 'Happiness
in Magazines' (really quite good). But now you've released this and
it's brilliant. At least I can pretend it was made by a bunch of
drawings instead. Christ, I even like the song with Shaun Ryder on
it, it must be good (or I have contracted some form of mentalism).

The Chemical Brothers - Push the Button:
Hooray. the Chemicals are back on form. And they're using
glockenspiels on some of their tracks. Rejoice!

Bloc Party - Silent Alarm:
I'm not entirely sure why I love this album so much. Maybe it's
because it sounds like the drummer really needs a pee so he plays
everythign at full speed all the way through the album. Maybe it's
the slightly melodramatic lyrics. It could be the 'Pixies mixed with
Explosions in the Sky' guitars. Most likely though, it's the
occasional use of glockenspiel that does it.

The Magic Numbers - The Magic Numbers
Mmmmm. There's just something so warm and comforting about this
album. Kind of like a nice bowl of soup. But without the bit where
you burn your mouth on it, or accidentally drop your bread in it. The
sort of mushy sentimental stuff I don't want to admit I like. With
added glockenspiel.

The Prague Glockenspiel Orchestra - Greatest Hits Vol. 2
OK. I made this one up, but I'd probably like it if if did exist.

1 comment:

Del said...

I'm more of a vibraphone man, myself. Which is why I love the new White Stripes record. Or is at a Xylophone? I don't know. Anyway, woo. Yay. Go Damon! You're an arse with talent! Keep making records, and not meeting me. Then I R being happy.