Sunday, April 02, 2006

All I need now are some really big chips.

Just back from a fantastic weekend in Dumfriesshire - a part of Scotland I've never really been to before. I must say I was blown away with how remote it seemed out there despite being only about an hour from Glasgow. It's a truly stunning area, with some superb coastline and some world-class mountain biking to boot. All y'all should check it out.

Anyhoo, we were staying in a friend's 'hut' by the sea (which was far more luxurious than that sounds) and decided to go for a stroll along the coast. Barely a soul there apart from a couple of dog walkers, which is just how I like my beaches. We wondered over to one of the wee islands that is normally submerged at high tide for a bit of a poke around.

Look at what we found


Apparently the locals are now trying to build the world's biggest deep-fat fryer.

4 comments:

Del said...

You're from Newcastle. They deep fry everything there, if my television is to be believed. Surely they could squeeze that in next to the mars bars.

Anonymous said...

Giles reckons that you can see it's willy on your picture!

Stevious said...

The Local papers said it was a female minky whale.

Now I'm no whale anatomy expert, but there is indeed a sizeable appendage there (about as big as a person), and if it IS female them I'm stunped as to what that bit is.

Anonymous said...

I'm siding with you, it looks male to me.

Can't believe you saw this on a random beach wander, it must have smelt bad..?

clo