Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Silver Lining

I am, like everybody else, prone to doing very stupid things at times. Yesterday I did a mildly stupid thing by setting up an experiment badly so that I would have to come in at 3 in the morning to set some runs going. D'oh.

On the upside, cycling into work just now, the roads were clear of dangerous motorists - a refreshing change from school-run psycho parents in enormous, badly-piloted pedestrian shredders.

But the best thing of all was the view. The sun was *just* starting to rise over this incredible city, and there was an enormously bright object in the sky (a star? a planet? the ISS? I dunno). The whole sight just gave me this incrediby warm "isnt' the world great" feeling that you only get when you mix sleep deprivation and a splash of unadulterated beauty.

Fantastic.

No comments: