Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Eternal Reek of Damp Wool


I'm not sure what it says about my teenage years, but much of them was spent idolising a cartoon sheep. Nestling in between adverts for bottom brackets and reviews of the latest knobbly tyres, the Mint Sauce strip in MBUK was a voice of reason amongst the unintelligible clamour of pish that constituted the rest of the magazine.

I've been trying to think of a way to describe why I should care about a comic strip featuring a mountain biking ungulate, but I love it far too much to write anything approaching sensible about it. So all I can say is have a look at this, this and this.

And if you can still see through the tears of joy then just look at the whole damn archive of them.

2 comments:

Marissa said...

"Nestling in between adverts for bottom brackets and reviews of the latest knobbly tyres, the Mint Sauce strip in MBUK was a voice of reason amongst the unintelligible clamour of pish that constituted the rest of the magazine."

I counted so many foreign words in this sentence. American is a much easier language to master than English. I did enjoy this cartoon however. Yay pictures!

Anonymous said...

mishun h sugworth or minty to his freinds is a spritual way of life and the way to eternal biking enlightenment.
p.s. anyone have a copy of the "cut out and keep pose"