Tuesday, August 19, 2008

No Blue Skies

It rains. oh how it rains. I can't believe I just paid £3 for the swimming pool when I could have just stated outside and waited for the waters to rise. I'm both miffed and gobsmacked that the Edinburgh Bike Co-op don't sell snorkels.

So I have been extremely lax on blogging of late, which is neither an indication that life has been too full to have time or too dull to document. I just couldn't be arsed. THAT'S RIGHT, I DON'T CARE THAT MUCH ABOUT MY BLOG. I'm so old fashioned.

So what's been going on? I've climbed a bunch of rocks (including posting a couple of totally unimpressive personal bests grade-wise) and rode a bunch of bikes (well, two bikes, but I rode them quite a bit). I'm feeling fit, feisty and full of fish. It's all good in SteveTown.

The best thing of all is that tomorrow is the LAST DAY OF MY SHITTY LAB JOB. No more standing in the sweatiest little room in Western Europe making pointless little solutions go pink. No more discussions in the tea room about how someone went shopping at the weekend and there were, like, hunners and hunners of shirts to choose from. No more being told off for clocking in 3 minutes late even though there's dick all work to do. NO MORE WASTING MY TIME PERFORMING POINTLESS TASKS FOR A MEANINGLESS COMPANY THAT I DON'T GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT. Whoop!

So what next? Well, I have a year of (relative) poverty and hard work ahead of me at uni followed (hopefully) by a rewarding career as an educator. Even two years of quasi-scientific spirit-crushing lever pulling hasn't quashed my love for science, and I really hope that I can instill some of that in some youngsters. Although at first all I ask for is that they don't all leap on me and set fire to me.

Oh and between now and then there's the small matter of the Reading Festival. I'm readying my RockPants right now.

No comments: