Thursday, August 21, 2008

The Future's Bright

I'm pretty easily impressed by technology. Even though I know (roughly) how it all works, I still find it amazing when I can carry all those CDs in such a tiny wee box, or send people letters through wires. Right now I am suppressing yelps of glee due to the fact that I'm doing internets on the train. Like in the future.

The best part is that this train is a total antique - I think it might even be from an era when there was such a thing as British Rail, which is about a billion years ago. I think the router is coal-fired.

I haven't really been giving much thought to my wee trip South as I've been focusing on hating my job and riding my bikes. Now I'm free from my job and have left my bike at home I can ponder what's ahead. Firstly, the cons:

- There will be a whole shitload of people at Reading. And no doubt they'll get in my way.
- This ain't going to be cheap.

But the Pros:

- Free train wifi!
- Get to hang out with Del and catch up with some uni friends.
- Get to laugh at teenagers.
- I might get within licking distance of Lovefoxxxxxxx from CSS
- I will do some raging. Against Machines.
- Foals, Holy Fuck, Justice, Simian Mobile Disco, We Are Scientists and one squillion others.
- I win

No comments: